My Video Messeges

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday 15 May 2016

That was then this is now

You wake  up  at 6 a.m., throw off your duvet ,your feet touch the ground, you go pee as sitting on the toilet  is something  that you  take  for granted , pick your favorite  towel and have a shower, no problem. You put on your favorite music, put on your makeup,  put on your work attire, head downstairs, make your coffee and breakfast  and off to work you go, driving in your car. Sound's good right? Your average weekday yes?
 Well let's redo that day now, living with MS, let's keep it real.You wake up in the morning  riddled with Chronic Pain, yet you are Grateful. You say 10 things that you are grateful for and smile. You manage to stand up even tho that Vertigo is infused within you. Now, the bathroom is 5 feet away you don't even  give this any thought yes? Different  story  for us. If you have a leaky bladder you might urinate  yourself before you reach the bathroom,you  feel many types of emotions as you lose your dignity.
Stairs, nope many of us can't climb stairs, not now anyways. Shower, um yep if there is a sitting bench in it.  Getting in the shower is a big success as predominantly your right leg is dead, no mobility. No more pretty work clothes and heels, forget about it. If you have clear  vision, this is a blessing  as 80% of us don't  To sit up without  the wobbles is a whole other  story.To stand  for 5 minutes without your walker is a Victory.
O.K. for some of us this is our reality.  Can't  we have a better way of life? Yes, I believe  we can, it begins with our choices and our thoughts.I recommend  a powerful read by Linda Dryer, I believe  if you are aware you can change. I believed this once I came out of my three year Depression but I didn't align my behaviors with my thoughts and then when nothing happened , I thought, nope doesn't  work, but then I realized that it was me, I didn't  work. It was a big realization,  I Owned it.
I want you to get rid of your self-limiting beliefs. Don't let our disease win, we only have one life, please  let's live it.
Since I met me, I have lost 38 pds. I have control of my disease, I smile more and like looking at myself in the mirror., and I have only just begun.
I want us to live, I want to share my learning's with everyone.Stop focusing on the negativity of this dis-ease as it will overcome  you, focus on the positive,  find one thing and start there.
I AM..........
Reinvent yourself you have the Power my friend

Until Next Time, Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment