My Video Messeges

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday 27 July 2016

My LOA We love you Gordie

My LOA
I grew up to one band predominantly, The Tragically Hip, when I heard that they were coming to the island, I began visualizing that I would get tickets as this was a bucketlist dream for me.
Here are the series of events;
Tickets went on sale at 10:00 a.m., my partner and I had three phones going continuously. I looked at the screen to learn that in 8 minutes they would be sold out. My instinct told me to keep going. I had hung up my phone to start on the other phone when I realized that my phone was dialing. When I grabbed my phone I said, Hello to which a female voice said how can I help you?
Wow, I asked if there were any wheelchair accessible seats if any left?
She stated I do not think so but hold on, I do not remember breathing to which she stated, yes I can give you two in the 6th row. I asked how this happened to which she responded, I am not sure you are very lucky.

Now 2 special  men in my life my partner and my brother. My brother and I have never been to a concert, my partner has been to many and has seen the Hip 4 times. With a kind heart and being an exceptional man, my partner offered his ticket to my brother, we were overwhelmed.

A place to stay- 5 days before the concert we needed to find a hotel in the busy city that was wheelchair accessible and dog friendly. The first place I called was fully and completely booked. I asked the girl if she knew of anything available, to which she stated try our other hotel which is even closer to the arena. I called and got this young man named Lucas who asked me to call the next day at 9 and ask for his manager, Michael. I called the next morning, Michael was not available so I talked to this amazing girl named Michelle. I can not say enough Greatness about this girl, she went above and beyond. We got a wheelchair accessible room that was dog friendly and when we asked about a fridge she even arranged that.
Many said that I am Lucky. ( if you ever need a room in Victoria access the Days Inn and ask for Michelle)

The concert- Very emotional, Wheat Kings, not a dry eye in the arena, very personal to many sacred.
Met so many amazing people, my heart feels warm as I write this with cherished memories.
Luck has nothing to do with it.
Thank you Hip, Thank you Gordie, Canada sends you accolades of love and Appreciation




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You're very fortunate to have that experience. I'm very happy for you, Marley. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete